Interdependence Share Faire
Is a celebration designed to promote the power of sharing, as well as the fulfillment and gratitude that result from the adoption of the gift economy – a true embodiment of the natural world and how it operates. Imagine an atmosphere of appreciation that spurs wonderful thoughts and feelings into action!
Each Share Faire is a co-creation, so let’s demonstrate how we would like our community to look, act and feel! We encourage you to reach out to us ahead of time if you would like to come share your gifts of (but not limited to): live music, performing arts, workshops, leading yoga, leading meditations, live art, etc. We want to facilitate an opportunity for people to come together and share in order to make our lives richer and more fulfilling, build up our community, celebrate peace through culture, and to have some fun! A major theme for Share Fest is to feel and spread feelings of appreciation and joy. The results are self-evident.
Think of each Share Faire as a way to spread seeds for change… who knows what will grow from them, or who will tend or benefit from these metaphorical plants. Giving and receiving freely is of vital importance in a rich culture and for evolution. The collective appreciation felt by those present will effectively act as a world peace meditation, spreading pure joy. Share-fest is a time to let abundance flow! Bring your favorite recipe, a homemade gift, or maybe your great smile and some hand slaps.
Share Faire is…
- All about sharing and having fun
- An introduction to the gift economy
- A chance to share what you love most with the intent of spreading joy
- Applicable to any celebration; music festival, block party, birthday party, etc.
- An opportunity to immerse yourself in the feeling of gratitude that inspires and nurtures authentic freedom.
What makes Share Faire?
- Minimal money exchanged. We intend to make these events as free and easy as possible w/o losing money, all with the intention of cultivating a network or sharing, opposed to consuming.
- Pack it in pack it out – anything left behind will be assumed a gift to the farm.
- Scheduled sharing with open sign-up sheets for workshops, music, art, or anything you would like to present to an interested group.
- What you bring to express yourself; food, art, skills, costumes, dance, etc.
- Potlucks, trade circles, jams, networking, etc.
Parking – This year at Share-fest you will have the option of Car or Primitive camping. We will share with each car, a 25×25 sq. ft space to park and set up tents, or you can choose to camp in our tent only camp areas. If you are car camping we need you to keep your car parked until you are packed to leave. Camping spots will be shared first come first serve in designated camping areas. RV’s and campers are welcome (no electric, sewer or water hookup).
Some things to keep in mind, seeing how we are inviting you into our home –
- We have limited clean water access out here, so please conserve water when washing, and bring your own drinking water.
- Reduce waste by bringing gallon jugs of water and a refillable bottle.
- Hidden Grove is not only well hidden, it’s HILLY. Feel free to bring along your mountain bikes, wagons, and carts to help move yourself and gear to and from.
- Only start fires in a grill or designated bonfire area, please.
- Please be respectful of the wildlife, both plants, and animals.
- Make sure ALL trash makes it into a proper rubbish bin.
- Kids 13 and under are free. Anyone younger than 18 must have a guardian present.
- Respect our privacy. This is a HOMEstead. If you are interested in seeing our personal live/work spaces, there may be a guided tour of the farm, if time permits and there is interest.
This is an all ages family-oriented community building event. We want you all to responsibly enjoy your freedom, by all means. However, let’s always avoid any flagrant drunkenness in the presence of young ones. We want to show kids that we can all celebrate our freedom with dignity and responsibility and without compromising our own or others wellbeing. Be discrete when using any substances including alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, or even junk food and sugar. Just be mindful of your surroundings, be a good example and all will be right with our world of sharing. More leeway will be made for people getting taken with the spirit of freedom that surrounds them after 9 or 10 pm when the children are asleep.
Some Things to remember…
Only 500 passes are available.
�BYOB, also BYOF(ood)
�All Sharing, Trading, Selling, of homemade/handmade goods, is free.
�Personal camp stoves and charcoal grills are permitted.
�Volunteer opportunities are available.
�Only cars parked in the non-car camping lot will be allowed to come and go during the event.
�Simply, Do No Harm.
Event Entry This year are offering Share-fest to you for whatever you decide it’s worth. Please have your donation with you when you arrive or use the PayPal link below. Please feel free to contact us to make special arrangements for any non-monetary donations. Parking is free but limited.
�Location: 41.165458,-90.494243 (701 310 St. New Windsor, IL )
�Gates Open: 10 AM — 10 PM Setting the Intention The Idea is simple.
We at Hidden Grove homestead are planning to host an event that invites us to ask ourselves as individuals and as a community, “What brings us joy?” We want you to chew on that until July 4th. Then pack up whatever you think you’ll need to share that feeling into your car with some supplies and a tent, for 2 days of camping, great music, and sharing; nestled between the permaculture gardens and future food forests of Hidden Grove Homestead.
Think of it as an experiment in free will, guided with the intention of revealing your unique style of freedom to your community. Everyone expresses their freedom differently, and that expression defines you as a unique, one of a kind individual! We are going to make some improvements to the event as we do every year, but this year we are also intentionally taking some of the bigger expenses out of the equation to maximize our frugality without sacrificing the success of the event. On the contrary, we believe that the success of any event has more to do with the people that show up than the people that organize it.
This year we are planning to have workshops, classes, and speeches all revolving around the many perspectives people on and off the farm have about joyful living and positive world view. It’s a wide and varied subject and everyone’s input is certainly welcomed.
Share Faire Schedule
6pm-7 ————Super Happy Funthyme Trouble Jug Band
7:15-8:15 —— Channel Cats
8:20-8:40—— Geometry in Flow Art w Brent
8:45-9:45——Condor & Jaybird
10-11:15 ———Miles over Mountains
9:30am-10:30 ———Morning Yoga (instructor TBA)
10:45am – ? ————-Farm Tour w Ethan
11-12———————Spinning Poi 101 w Rahfiki Acorn
1pm-1-45—————“Earthing” w Dreaming Rainbow Bridge
1:50-2:50pm————Acro Yoga Intro w Nikki & Ashley
2pm-3pm—————Wood Splitting; a Meditation w Jimmy Joe
3pm-4pm—————Essential Oils; (What’s so Essential?) w Nikki
3pm-?——————-Effigy Build w K Dog
4pm-5——————Cluster Pluck w Not Your Pinecone
6pm-6:45 ————Daniel Watkins
7-8 —————-Flat Land Harmony Project
8-8:20————-Todd & Vixen
12:20-?—————ZJ’s Midnight Jazz Takeover
?-Sunrise————DJ Travis Barron
Please email us if you have something to share on a particular subject, that you would like us to make time or space for. Please submit all requests to us before June 1st. A limited number of passes will be available through a work-trade, and volunteering during the event. Anyone interested in trading their work for entry to the celebration can contact us to coordinate.
We can’t express how lucky we feel to be in a position to facilitate sharing in the context of a weekend of camping music and learning. We have worked very hard over the past 7 years to be able to hold space for community building events such as this. We are eagerly awaiting and patiently planning an intentional fun and enlightening experience and we know you will only add to it. Let’s co-create the reality we know we all deserve. Until then, Stay Well. -HGH